It appears that the tool was never mentioned before (just mentioned in general software list). The application takes a media file on the input and applies respective DirectShow demultiplexer to list individual media samples.
- for MP4 files the application attempts to use GDCL MPEG-4 Demultiplexer first
- it is possible to filter a specific track/stream
- ability to copy data to clipboard or save to file
- drag and drop a file to get it processed
Now the tool has command line mode too:
DirectShowFileMediaSamples-Win32.exe input-path [/no-video] [/no-audio] [output-path]
- /no-video – excludes video tracks
- /no-audio – excludes audio tracks
Default output path is input path with extension renamed to .TSV. If DirectShowSpy is installed, the file also contains filter graph information used (esp. media types).
D:\>DirectShowFileMediaSamples-Win32.exe “F:\Media\Ленинград — Экспонат.mp4”
Typical command line use: troubleshooting export/transcoding sessions where on completion you need a textual information about the export to make sure time accuracy of individual samples: start, stop times, gaps etc.
Interactively one can also achieve the same goal using GraphStudioNext‘s built-in Analyzer Filter.