Recent submissions of DirectShow and Media Foundation capture capabilities brought references to new interesting hardware.
1. Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2 AKA XI100DUSB-HDMI — USB\VID_2935&PID_0001
Reports ability to capture up to 1920×1080 video at 60 frames per second in YUY2 and RGB pixel formats.
- XI100DUSB-HDMI Video Media Types (Windows 10; 10.0.15063)
- XI100DUSB-HDMI Video Media Types (Windows 7; SP 1)
2. Inogeni 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Converter AKA 2A34-INOGENI 4K2USB3 — USB\VID_2997&PID_0004
Goes beyond that and promises resolutions up to 4096×2160@24, 2560×1440@60
Also, not only with Windows 10, but it seems that it can work well with older OSes like Windows 7 as well.
3. Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K — PCI\VEN_1CD7&DEV_0012
A PCI version of HDMI capture board with a rich offering of media types and 2K resolutions
4. Some simpler noname HDMICap USB dongle for up to 1920×1080 YUV and RGB capture — USB\VID_EB1A&PID_7595
(I did not have the actual hardware, I just see reported specifications)