Media Foundation Team Blog (2009-2011) lost connection with the community some time ago, and its sample code hosted at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/mfblog passed away too.
Three Four of the five samples were saved and were made back available by user mofo77, and the other two one
and is still wanted.
I put the sample code online at GitHub here. If someone happens to have the two missing projects, please post there or email me to have them pushed to the repository. Feel free to use the samples if, for whatever reason,
Media Foundation is what you decided to mess with.
Also, be aware that older Windows SDK Media Foundation samples can be found in:
- Windows SDK 7.1 Samples – one needs exactly this SDK and not any newer one
- the same samples reposted at GutHub, e.g. here (DirectShow samples are there as well, by the way)
- some newer Media Foundation samples (in the heap with non-MF samples)
- also, some more links, samples and information at MSFT’s JD’s blog
As it becomes a collection of Media Foundation related links here we go with bonus reading:
- Media Foundation tag on StackOverflow (best place for peer help)
- Media Foundation Development for Windows Desktop (pretty much dead but MSFT folks do monitor it once in a while)
- MFNode project at SourceForge
- Aaron Clauson’s sipsorcery Media Foundation samples at GitHub
- Developing Microsoft Media Foundation Applications (Developer Reference) book by Anton Polinger
- Introduction to Windows Media Architecture Anton Polinger on YouTube
- Media Foundation: Supporting Hardware Codecs and Cameras PowerPoint presentation on Channel 9
- Media Foundation .NET library, a C# wrapper for Media Foundation development.
Now you are well set, GOOD LUCK!