Automatic Snapshots runs as a background application monitors clipboard. Should a new image be copied there, the utility automatically writes the image into a file. The process does not require any user interaction and is completely automatic so that – per Mike Westen‘s request – user could quickly and easily create snapshots of a multitude of windows (Alt+Print Screen) or full screen images (Print Screen) using standard hotkeys.
- Automatic PNG compression (can be disabled via registry and enable BMP mode)
- Reduction of color depth to create smaller PNG files
- Asynchronous processing, the compression and file writes are on background thread to not slow foreground application
- Application window flashes on application bar while busy and indicates the status via window caption
- Application appends current foreground window caption to the image file name